Analysis of the case study - Oman Key Focus Market for Subaru
Words : 3250
As a Marketing Consultant, you have been approached by theCorporate Vice President and Chief General Manager of Subaru , to develop a marketing plan for Subaru to achieve further growth in sales and market share for the next five years in the Omani market.
Key Areas for Consideration:
• Market situational analysis – especially the competition • Segmentation and targeting • Objectives • Marketing mix strategy (product/branding, price, promotion and distribution strategies) • Implementation • Evaluation and Control • Sales Forecast • Budget
Some Guidance on the Marketing Plan Report • Objectives – objectives need to be SMART but it is unnecessary to explain in detailed how smart they are.
• The balance between market analysis and the actual planning/actions– ensure that your submissions are balanced with regards to analysis and planning. For example, do not use a lot of space summarising the analysis, at the expense of setting objectives and planning objective-specific marketing strategies and tactics.
• Vagueness – planning needs to be very specific; stating that you will use ‘social media’ for promotion because it is the ‘most efficient tool’ is not enough. You need to explain the social media tool (s) – what they are, why you are using them and how you would use them.
• Academic content – you are expected to apply models, and not just describe or define them. For example, your SWOT or PEST analyses should not read like textbooks in which you explain what SWOT or PEST are – this is essentially incorrect. You needed to apply them and not describe them.
• Executive summary – an executive summary should be written in a way that allows the executive who reads it to know what the problem is and how it is to be solved. Essentially, it is a summary of your problem statement, objectives and how to achieve them (i.e. how to solve the problem).
• Secondary data use – Analysis should be supported with secondary data (from the literature). You should demonstrate wider reading and acknowledge the sources of your information, both in the main body and in your bibliography. Avoid making very bold but not substantiated statements, such as ‘the only Japanese Motor Car Company in Oman’ or ‘massive campaign’ or ‘massive customer segment’. Give numbers if you think the segment is large and compare it to other segments to give an idea of the size of it.
• Presentation and structure – to achieve an excellent grade, your presentation needs to be immaculate – this includes numbering tables, referencing correctly etc. Do not present a lot of data and information in tables as appendices. Data or statistics that refer directly to your discussion in the main body, should be presented in the main body. Tables and figures – tables and figures need to be numbered and each should have a title that is self-explanatory. Your analytical content must be high, demonstrating critical thinking and the ability to apply relevant marketing concepts (refer to the marking criteria).
• Word limit – 3,250 words. This will include your references in the bibliography and the appendices, but it will not include the cover page. Please, note that your cover page must have your Full Name and ID Number.
Looking for a Solution to the Assignment above, we have a team of experts who have
a complete expertise in completing this assignment within your specified deadline. The
assignment will be uniquely made for you and will be delivered along with Turnitin Plagiarism